Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on new ARM EABI (ARMEL)

From: Cayle Graumann
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on new ARM EABI (ARMEL)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:53:21 -0500

Daniel,

    Your EABI patch is successful for me at least.

    I got a chance to try out your patch under the QEMU EABI scratchbox 0.9.8 build environment for the Nokia 770.  I applied it to the cvs code + your patched libtcc1.c.   It compiles and produces executables most of the time.  The couple of times it has not worked have been due to what I think must be a parser bug when it is doing a pointer comparison, because the same code compiles under gcc.  I haven't had much time to explore this error, so I can't give anyone more info at this time.

    I am going to transfer the compiled binaries to my N770, and test it on the device itself this weekend.

The scratchbox binaries used were

  scratchbox-core-0.9.8.8.tar.gz
scratchbox-devkit-debian-0.9.8.8.tar.gz
scratchbox-libs-0.9.8.8.tar.gz
scratchbox-toolchain-cs2005q3.2-glibc-arm-0.9.8.5-6.tar.gz
scratchbox-toolchain-cs2005q3.2-glibc-i386-0.9.8.5-6.tar.gz

Cayle,
Missouri

On 9/13/06, Daniel Glöckner <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 07:45:03PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> What processors is this for?

ARM v4 and above with VFP coprocessor/emulator

> (Is there any way to test it under QEMU?)

Yes.

I used this image:
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/arm-test-0.2.tar.gz
with libraries and includefiles from here:
http://www.scratchbox.org/download/files/sbox-releases/apophis/tarball/scratchbox-toolchain-arm-gcc3.44csn-glibc2.3-1.0.3-i386.tar.gz

You might want to run "stty sane" after login.
stty is in GNU coreutils.

  Daniel