Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on ARM

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on ARM
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:37:23 -0500

On Thursday 30 November 2006 9:06 am, tike64 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build a native compiler for our
> linux-arm architecture (target arm, host arm, build
> i386). I configured the tcc like this:
>
> --prefix=/usr --cross-prefix=arm-linux- --cpu=armv4l
>
> and hacked the Makefile to remove the i386 specific
> optimizations. Build throws warnings and fails with
> this:
>
> tcc-0.9.23/tcc.c:3313: undefined reference to `ldexp'
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is this possible at all?

I'm not sure anyone's actually done this before, but since tcc does build with
itself, and mostly doesn't have the host/target confusing gcc does, it should
be possible.

Might need a few fixes, though.  I don't have an arm test platform set up yet
so I haven't tried it...

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery