Re: [Tinycc-devel] autoconfiscation

From: Gregg Reynolds
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] autoconfiscation
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 06:42:43 -0500

On 8/26/07, Ivo <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sunday 26 August 2007 12:56, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
> > Anybody out there willing to help test an autotoolized version?  I've
> > been doing a lot of work with autoconf and friends lately, so I'm
> > thinking about giving tinycc the treatment.  This might involve a
> > little bit of source code tweaking, e.g. tcc.h, and the config* and
> > Makefile* stuff would be completely replaced.
>
> I forsee Checking for Fortran compiler...  etc..

I don't know what kind of traumas you suffered in your early
development, but I had nothing to do with them.

> Please, don't. Why not fix the current configure?
Right, that would be autoconfiscation.  Have you actually looked at
the current stuff?  I have, and it looks broken to me.  If you think
tweaking a lame non-portable config/build system for each new platform
instead of using a portable framework is a good idea, be my guest.