Re: [Tinycc-devel] Local procedures

From: kenneth . forsback
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Local procedures
Date: 12 Sep 2007 12:21:24 +0300

The reason I am interested in local procedures (also perhaps somewhat
erroneously called nested procedures) is that it would provide quite a simple,
yet useful security feature.

I don't know if "nested procedures" perhaps work a bit differently (I'm using
my mobile so I cannot read that pdf-file, just writing this email is bothersome
enough T~T) but a local procedure works just like a normal procedure but can
only be called by a sibling or by it's parent.

You could add a switch (-ext) that would allow the use of these extensions.

I've always been a hardcore supporter of C, and found Torvald's recent outlash
against pissant C++ to be just awesome!

Too often have I been harrassed just for favouring plain "old" C. Only a few
improvements I'd like to see though, but ended up thinking it was better making
it a separate language/dialect and leave plain C alone. Thought tcc would be
quite useful for that (^_^)

~ Kenna