Re: [Tinycc-devel] Newcomer to TCC (and C) with a couple ofquestions..

From: lostgallifreyan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Newcomer to TCC (and C) with a couple ofquestions..
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 06:16:24 +0100

"fsw.fb" <address@hidden> wrote:
(04/04/2009 16:51)

>Hi,
>What you do in regards of AV is nice, but doesn't work in companies
>where AV software runs 24/7 and can't be shut down by users.

True. Your answer is interesting, using that break. I'm curious how you worked
out how that would satisfy it. My own thought is that there's a nice symmetry,
using it as it was used earlier, and that maybe the huristic methods of looking
at what viruses might be up to was based on the idea that if a bit of code
hadn't got a planned means of graceful exit back its calling process, then the
AV software might assume it had other plans, like invading elsewhere and NOT
returning... I guess the AV only saw the structure, not the meaning.

>Glad the tutorial was of help...

Oh yes, I've been reading through it and it looks like it might stick fast.
There's quite a lot in common with wxLua too, so that helps me adapt.
(Constructing resources looks neater and easier than in wxLua, if anything,
especially for menus) The explanation of the message loop is especially useful
though, this has always been beyond the level I've worked at before, and that
remove made it harder, not easier, to grasp what's happening.