Re: [Tinycc-devel] Basic patch for passing W9X short DOS paths to TCC.

From: lostgallifreyan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Basic patch for passing W9X short DOS paths to TCC.
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:37:29 +0100

Joshua Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:
(15/04/2009 10:32)

>stricmp is Microsoft's version of strcasecmp.
>strcasecmp is identical, iirc, and was introduced in POSIX.1-2001.

I checked that, at least, I tried substituting it to see if strcasecmp() would
work. It didn't. What I'm getting at though, is how strict is TCC's C? As TCC
can compile itself, I thought it would be strict, maybe to the point that Lua
is strict: ANSI C wherever possible for best compatibilty with many platforms.
Neither stricmp() or strcasecmp() is ANSI C.

For the record, Griska's method is the first thing I wanted, and tried. I only
settled for a single placement of an iterative case forcer because I was told
there was no dedicated function for it in C. So I guess I'm not alone in
thinking TCC's C isn't as strict as I (we) first assumed. I also did what I did
precisely because it was strict ANSI C and I thought that was preferred.