Re: [Tinycc-devel] "identifier expected"? But not by GCC.

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] "identifier expected"? But not by GCC.
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 03:23:31 +0800

lostgallifreyan wrote:
Please can someone help solve this?
[snip]
What makes this a real noodle-baker is that I can't see anything wrong in my
code no matter how hard I look, or no matter what I try to eliminate! And
neither can GCC, which is perfectly happy either way I declare that int. So is
this a known TCC problem? I see people asking (via Google) but I see no answers
I can use. Or answers specifc to this issue, it usually crops up amidst a lot
of errors people asked about. I tried the recent snapshot of TCC, same thing
happens there too. If there is a simple answer, it appears to be lost in a
remote context I can't isolate.

A simple test case on gcc-4.3 says:

    test.c:10: error: a label can only be part of a statement
    and a declaration is not a statement

IIRC it's not ISO C90 compliant. Nothing wrong with tcc. I'll leave the digging up the ISO C standard to others.

Which gcc on Win32 did you try it on? My test case failed on MinGW 3.4.5 and MinGW 4.3 alpha.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)