Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is it possible to use tcc to compile freebsd ?

From: Luigi Rizzo
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is it possible to use tcc to compile freebsd ?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:49:17 +0200

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 06:36:00PM +0800, z_axis wrote:
> I heard the freebsd team wants another compiler to compile itself instead of
> gcc.

unfortunately tcc does not support C++ and there are pieces of FreeBSD
that are written in C++. Not sure about the kernel but this is definitely
true for userland.

Also, there are parts of the kernel code that rely heavily on
linker tricks, playing with ELF sections and the like.
I am not sure how tcc handles these features.

cheers
luigi