[Tinycc-devel] strtold and strtof available on *BSD and uClibc

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] strtold and strtof available on *BSD and uClibc
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:28:06 +0200

Greetings everyone,

tcc failed to build on Debian kFreeBSD due to declaration of strtof and
strtold as static functions. I did a quick search on the online manpage of
FreeBSD and OpenBSD and it turns out these functions are defined since FreeBSD
4.4 and OpenBSD 4.5 (4.4 for strtof and 4.5 for strtold). For information,
FreeBSD 4.4 came out in september 2001 and OpenBSD 4.5 in may 2009.
An issue in DragonFlyBSD issue tracker indicates these functions are available
since 2009 and [0] indicates that uClibc has these functions since 2002.

[0]
http://git.uclibc.org/uClibc/commit/libc/stdlib/strtold.c?id=ed3d3458eff834d82b01f4018f7750fba1449a07

So the question is: do we still need to define them for these platform in
tcc.h? If yes, we need to be more specific and say for which version they must
be defined.

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme