Re: [Tinycc-devel] Problem to find the standard library

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Problem to find the standard library
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:11:41 +0200

Le samedi 16 juillet 2011 21:37:58, Thomas Mertes a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I use Ubuntu 11.04 with kernel 2.6.38-10 (I have upgraded) and
> tcc -v writes:
>
>   tcc version 0.9.25
>
> Before the upgrade tcc had no problem to find the C standard library
> (only some string/memory functions were missing, which I rewrote).
>
> Now tcc seems to have problems to find the standard Library.
> When I compile hello world I get the following error messages:
>
>   tcc: undefined symbol '__libc_csu_fini'
>   tcc: undefined symbol '__libc_csu_init'
>   tcc: undefined symbol '__libc_start_main'
>   tcc: undefined symbol 'printf'
>
> The Ubuntu packages tcc (Version 0.9.25-5) and
> libtcc-dev (Version 0.9.25-5) were installed.
>
> Do I miss something obvious?
No, I believe this is due to multiarchization of Ubuntu. Try tcc 0.9.25-8 from
Debian unstable, or even better give a try to tcc 0.9.26~git20110616.330d2ee-1
from Debian experimental (don't worry, it's not that experimental as it is a
snapshot of current tcc). If you try the experimental version and you find any
problem, please fill a bug report (against Debian or Ubuntu as you prefer).

> Greetings Thomas Mertes

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme