Re: [Tinycc-devel] Simple failed test on MacOS

From: Milutin Jovanović
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Simple failed test on MacOS
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:14:31 -0500

I was thinking about the same thing. However I don't think this is appropriate. _ANSI_SOURCE means that the compiler is in ANSI mode. TCC does not have this mode. It aims to be ANSI, but it is not (yet). So to me it seems that defining this is premature.

In addition, the workaround is really around a deficiency in the header files. They do not know how to handle tcc, so we have to fake it with defines like this.

Now, I simply stated the 'facts' as I see them. I would very much like to hear from the others their opinion on predefining _ANSI_SOURCE, and is it acceptable if the compiler is only partially ANSI compliant. Having this would surely make life for OSX user easier.

Miki.

On 21 November 2012 03:59, Pedro A ARANDA <address@hidden> wrote:
> The way I worked around this problem in the past is by defining
> _ANSI_SOURCE. The tcc tests pass this way, and they use stdio and stdlib.

> The logic was that you indicate that you want only ANSI API and none of the
> platform specific stuff. Now, this might not be what you are looking for,
> but barring that you want to develop for OSX specifically, I think this
> should be fine.

> Miki

Hi Miki, thanks a lot for the workaround. :-) My question to the list would be if we shouldn't define this symbol in the tcc binary for MACOSX in order to make code more portable.

Best regards,
/PA