Re: [Tinycc-devel] update the README patch

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] update the README patch
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 17:11:58 +0100

Le lundi 25 mars 2013 15:59:21, Jov a écrit :
> the README doc is much out fo date,I make a patch to fix these:
>
> 1.add x86_64/arm arc support
> 2.add FreeBSD/OSX support
> 3.fix "make" to "gmake",because tcc use the gnu make tool,this is different
> from "make" in Freebsd
> 4.add Texi2html is denpended for doc compile

Hi Joy,

thanks for your patch. Note however that gmake should only be used on *BSD
while the current patch makes it look like it should be used for all
architectures. Instead I'd suggest to keep make and add a like (for instance
at the top) to indicate that gmake should be used instead of make for *BSD.
Indeed, on Linux the command is indeed make. Another possibilities would be to
separate instructions for Linux and *BSD but that would duplicate things so
I'd prefer the other approach.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Best regards,

Thomas