Re: [Tinycc-devel] ARM code generator / ARM tiny C compiler

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] ARM code generator / ARM tiny C compiler
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:56:31 +0200

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 09:27:46AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Could supported more ARM architecture and instructions set be of interest ?

Thumb and EABI soft float support would be nice.

The other instructions added with ARMv5/6/7 are probably useless given
the little amount of optimization done by TinyCC. The architectures < v4
belong into museums and the 64 bit ARMv8 architecture has not yet reached
production AFAIK.

> I'd like to work on it on my free time (long-term roadmap).

Just go ahead in whatever direction you like. The possibility of
colliding with someone else working on the same part of TinyCC is close
to zero. And if you do, you just have to be faster at committing to the
mob branch of the git repository :)

  Daniel