Re: [Tinycc-devel] Error: File crti.o/crt1.o Not Found and No Function R

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Error: File crti.o/crt1.o Not Found and No Function Renaming
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:58:14 +0200

<address@hidden>wrote:

> Thanks!  Not sure how to do that but I'm headed to figure it out.
> Also, for those struggling with an Android port of tcc that find this
> mailing list, there's a good explanation of the crt* files here:
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/crt.txt

Just add more call to tcc_add_crt in this function at the right place ;)

> > Why is that relevant? Do you need __func__ to be defined and it's not by
> > tcc?
>
> Nope. Sorry about that.  In my original email I wrote that I wanted to
> indicate to cdefs.h that the compiler implemented C99, but I was looking at
> the wrong section of the code.  What I need to do is implement a function
> rename for tcc and define __GNUC__ as mentioned in your reply.
> I assume I take care of defining __GNUC__ with -D?

Since cdefs.h is probably included from many places that's indeed probably the
best solution. One thing that could be nice is for you to tell upstream
(google) that tcc can do renaming and tell them how. Or maybe ask them to add
one #elif defined(__RENAME) as to let a chance for non gcc compilers to work
correctly by just defining a __RENAME macro. Then we could add to tcc such a
define when compiled for android (or at least you could easily patch tcc
locally to define this macro).

Best regards,

Thomas