[Tinycc-devel] Generic integer value test

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Generic integer value test
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:12:40 +0800

Hi there,

while trying to fix the test of long long value on 32 bits architectures, I was
wondering whether this code should be done in tccgen.c instead of in each
architecture. There is already the comparison logic required to test if a
value is different than 0 in each architecture. Why not detect when an integer
is tested and convert to a comparison? So I did just this and the git stat is:

 arm-gen.c    | 25 +------------------------
 c67-gen.c    | 33 +--------------------------------
 i386-gen.c   | 19 +------------------
 il-gen.c     | 15 +--------------

I tried the patch with make test and it seems to work. is there a fundamental
problem with this approache or a bug in the current patch? For those reading
the patch, basically the test is made in a new function gvtst (gen value test)
and tccgen.c is updated to use this function in place of gtst for all tests
that works on value (?: not being the case with gnu extension for instance)
and removing all the corresponding code in each architecture.

Best regards,

Thomas