Re: [Tinycc-devel] Use an anonymous file to back mmap

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Use an anonymous file to back mmap
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 23:47:46 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014, Keren Tan wrote:

I noticed the break. After I tried to revert all my changes around mmap(), the test was still broken as the same as yours.

Yep, it were the other changes in the same timeframe. But as I just wrote, your change to two separate mmaps go into the wrong direction for real SElinux support. It was also broken before your changes (but happened to work for not-too-confined SElinux systems), and now it's just a little bit more broken (and still works for not-too-confined systems, and doesn't need writable /tmp).

Looked into the issue further, I kept my change untouched and reverted two changes submitted between my changes as listed below. All tests were successful afterwards.

I am not very familiar with tcc code base yet, but it seems that it is more suspicious that the changes below broke the tests, instead of the mmap() one?

http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commit/fdf9fba5785f5c0d285c8cbf2fa51df32ddd8
78d
http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commit/ea7b17f641cb962d0e9a79137e93c7e1e24b9
9ce

Yes, these are the ones.  I just fixed them on the mob branch.

Ciao,
Michael.