Re: [Tinycc-devel] Building a 32 bit cross compiler on x86_64 Linux?

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Building a 32 bit cross compiler on x86_64 Linux?
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 11:04 +0800

Le vendredi 4 avril 2014, 11:49:49 Aharon Robbins a écrit :
> Hi All.
>
> What is the magic incantation to build an i386 version of tcc running
> on x86_64 Linux?  It looks like 'make i386-tcc' builds the compiler itself.
> After installing that, though, tcc -m32 hello.c fails to find the C
> runtime start off and library files.
>
> I'm on Ubuntu 12.04, and I have all the i386 libraries and stuff installed;
> gcc -m32 works just fine. Same for clang.

I didn't look at the source but in the case of cross compilers multiarch
cannot be detected and when using the cross compiler it cannot find everything
which is stored in the multiarch qualified path. I'm working on a patch to
build only one cross compiler instead of many which would allow to configure it
(say, configure its library path :)). That would allow to make it work.

Best regards,

Thomas