Re: [Tinycc-devel] Mob has been reverted

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Mob has been reverted
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 23:20:22 +0800

Le mardi 24 juin 2014, 23:06:50 David Mertens a écrit :
> Hey everyone,
>

> This, at least, is what I intended to do. I would appreciate if others
> could double-check that I performed the cherry picking and merging
> correctly. I do not perform this sort of work often.

Looks correct on my side. Thanks for doing this.

> This reversion does not invalidate jiang's work. *jiang has demonstrated
> tremendous enthusiasm for improving tcc, and I think everybody here
> appreciates that enthusiasm*. The problem is that jiang did not discuss the
> changes with the mailing list before pushing them. jiang, please filter
> your future contributions through a conversation on the mailing list before
> committing your work to mob. In the end, everybody will be happier with the
> result! :-)

Agreed, it would be preferable that new comers post patches on mailing list
and wait for some review before commiting them. I know that I may not have
been involved in tcc if it was not for the relaxed rules on the mob branch and
I certainly wrote some incorrect code (and still does of course albeit less
often I hope). But it seems some people have some difficulties assessing the
quality of their code. I perfectly understand that it is difficult to be
neutral
with one's own code which is exactly I encourage people to pass some kind of
review first.

Grischka, I'm certainly not expecting you to do all the work. Even if I'm too
slow to process patches, please refrain from processing all of them. You are
the most experienced on tcc's code base and I really don't want you to burn
out. Also, I'm not going to improve at code review if you review everything ;)

Best regards,

Thomas