Re: [Tinycc-devel] revert 4b92dbf9237c5712d2ab3a2ce3fab7904c85dad2 pleas

From: Edmund Grimley Evans
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] revert 4b92dbf9237c5712d2ab3a2ce3fab7904c85dad2 please
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 09:28:32 +0000

Sergey Korshunoff <address@hidden>:

> # ./configure
> # make
> gcc -o i386-tcc tcc.c ...
> # touch tccgen.c
> # make
> gcc -o tccgen.o ...
> ar rcs libtcc.a ...
>
> There is no "gcc -o i386-tcc" after touch :-(

Do you mean that it doesn't print out that command, or that it doesn't
run that command?

With me tcc does get rebuilt, but for some reason which I don't
understand the command is not printed. Try this:

git checkout 44c6e992
./configure
make
touch tccgen.c
make --debug

Or try checking the timestamp of "tcc" after a plain "make".

Can anyone explain why make runs the command "gcc -o tcc tcc.o
libtcc.a ..." but doesn't print it?