Re: [Tinycc-devel] build perl5 with tcc?

From: Chris Marshall
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] build perl5 with tcc?
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:11:02 -0400

Hi David-

I'm just coming up to speed initially which is why I was interested
in just how far tcc could go.  I agree that a perl compiled with tcc
is probably not useful.

I definitely plan to look at the C::TinyCompiler and XS::TCC
modules once I can get tcc and libtcc running on my cygwin
setup.  Unfortunately, a direct cygwin build is not possible
since the needed access to the program counter is not supported.

Consequently, I'll need to build with the mingw compilers which
are also available.  The compiler builds ok but the libtcc_test
fails with an error about not being able to find the libtcc libraries.

Once I can use libtcc then the sky is the limit!

--Chris