Re: [Tinycc-devel] WARNING: TinyCC segmentation faults

From: Edmund Grimley Evans
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] WARNING: TinyCC segmentation faults
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:17:13 +0100

Me:

> I've not been able to reproduce that. Which version of tcc was it?

Update: I can reproduce it with the tcc from Debian amd64. It doesn't
look like a security problem because it's caused by the static
variable cur_text_section still having its initial value of zero in
the function g() at x86_64-gen.c:163. It doesn't happen with a tcc
built from git://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git, and there have been relevant
changes in the source, I think.

You could perhaps try fuzzing the tcc from git.

Thanks for encouraging me to play with afl!

Edmund