[Tinycc-devel] Building executables with TinyCC on Darwin 8

From: don bright
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Building executables with TinyCC on Darwin 8
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 23:28:59 -0500

Hello

Thanks for this interesting project.

I have built executables using TinyCC 0.9.26 on Darwin8 i386 inside a
VM.
(Darwin 8 is the open source core of OSX 10.4 circa 2005, the last
Darwin
that Apple built easily usable ISOs for)

The trick is to build a single object file with -c, then use objconv to
convert
the ELF to MACHO, and then to use special commands for strip and ld to
build an executable.

I was able to build and run several examples, including Apple's wc.c
(word count).

An extremely rudimentary description is here

https://gist.github.com/donbright/4137ab24199239a7a67682216c51d0b8

Thanks for reading.

--
  don bright