Re: [Tinycc-devel] cleanups

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] cleanups
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 20:29:35 +0200

IMHO, there are two different things to consider:
- a non-regression tests suite which is only about regressions. It contains
tests that once proved to be a BUG which are fixed and we don't want to see
back again. It contains also complete and silly tests that are not expected
to fail (1.0 == 1 is such a silly test. Sometime very idiot tests fail
because of a very innocent change). My OpenLisp very BIG regression tests
contains tests like that which proves I'm unfortunately right. A
non-regression tests suite is not expected to fail. It only fails on change
that is a **regression** on what used to work.

- a missing features test that shows something is missing or buggy you add a
test case for it in bug-test

Suppose you think of new test like:
int a; double d;
a = d = 3.14;

If it works, it goes to non-regression test, if it fails it goes to bug test
and when fixed goes to the first one.

This way, non-regression test always works and you know what you must work
on with second test suite.

M2c.