Re: [Tinycc-devel] Largish mob update from me

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Largish mob update from me
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 18:21:10 +0100

Michael Matz wrote:
Ah, I meanwhile completely forgot about that one.

One related thing that's really worth to remember:

    !!! nocode_wanted !!!

Actually it is just a hack, designed for parsing types for casts
and for sizeof/alignof,  and that only for typical simple usage.

The result of that which is still valid is that the "want" part
in it shall be interpreted strictly as

    "does not necessarily happen". ;=)

Therfor before we change assumptions (which we clearly do as soon
as we start to use 'nocode_wanted' for optimization purposes) I'd
really like to see the below working under all tests and everything
except fire in the computer:

    ST_FUNC void g(int c)
    {
        int ind1;
        if (nocode_wanted)
            tcc_error("internal: code generated but nocode_wanted");
        ind1 = ind + 1;

Cheers,

--- grischka