Re: [Tinycc-devel] Very sorry - newbie questions

From: Tony Robinson
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Very sorry - newbie questions
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 08:47:56 +0000

Doh. Yup, it was a very newbie error, thanks to Ramsay Jones and Michael Matz for pointing me at the git repo - that worked flawlessly (I'd skim read the last 6 months of archives and misled myself about release timings).

I do appreciate that there are very many hurdles to get tcc running on a new bare metal target. C itself mandates at least 16 bits for the int type, but I may find that tcc won't let me do that. Then there are libraries and system calls - I really don't mind cheating and passing system calls and whatever libraries I can't sensibly port to the Linux (Raspberry Pi) host - I'm not going to write a whole OS in my 16 bit address space. I know I've got many years worth of challenges ahead, that's okay, I hope I can spend many years on this project.

Thanks for you help and encouragement, I have fond memories of decades of C programming and now I know where to start.

Tony