Re: [Tinycc-devel] c89

From: u-jps5
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] c89
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 12:12:45 +0200

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 08:14:25PM -0700, Larry Doolittle wrote:
> Does someone have a concrete example of a c89 compiler they hope to
> boostrap from?  Preferably one that can be downloaded and run (maybe in

ACK, I bootstrap with/from it on ia32 under Linux (provides a complete
toolchain under a clean BSD license, even though the C library ported
from Minix is pretty ancient). It is also meant to be retargetable.

On Minix it can be downloaded and run, either on Minix-2 or early
Minix-3, the compiler is the same in both cases.

The newest compiler code is avaiable from either Sourceforge or Github
(maintained by David Given) but this does not include any complete
C-libraries.

On Linux the corresponding C library ported by yours truly is not yet
published (in use for quite some time but I do not have time to care
about releases). If you target ia32, you can get the code as-is, but
then you will have to figure out how to bootstrap and build it.

The availability of the Linux ABI covers also FreeBSD and NetBSD if you
mean to target those platforms, more porting/tweaks for different
OSs was also done by Robert Nordier
 http://www.nordier.com/software/ack.html

Regards,
Rune