Re: [Tinycc-devel] Coding standards

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Coding standards
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 12:15:54 +0200

Charles Lohr wrote:
Just wondering, is there any codified "this is our preferred coding
standards" regarding curly-brace, tabs/spaces, commets, etc.?

I'm normally a:
if( ( condition ) || ( 3 & 5 ) ) {
[TAB]Stuff
} else {
[TAB]Other stuff //Comment
}

kinda guy, but seems like this is inconsistently in direct opposition to
your guys standards.

Though I can't seem to find a consistent pattern.  Do any of the lead
maintainers have real opinions surrounding this?

As this is a multi-author project, for me it's completely ok when people,
say in a reasonable relation to the substance of their contribution, also
show off some personal style, as long as it helps them to feel comfortable
while helping tinycc.

To my taste, it may look even obscure or weird (to some extend) as long
as it just works.  On the other hand if it's supposed to require review
in future, then the better if it's somewhat readable.

Btw. seems someone gave us a 'Codingstyle' file too.  I'd think it's
not bad (also in that it doesn't say too much about style really).

--- grischka

Charles