Re: [Tinycc-devel] debug info broken

From: foobar
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] debug info broken
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 16:12:36 +0000

On Tue, 19 Dec 2017 00:26:34 +0100
grischka <address@hidden> wrote:

> And that might well be because of missing relocation which is because
> of (as foobar wrote):
> > maybe it's because i use musl libc
> in combination with that patch here
> http://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git/commitdiff/0ac29b53#patch8

> If it were me I'd still just remove that "&& (s->sh_flags & SHF_ALLOC))".

removing the "|| defined(TCC_MUSL)" from tccelf.c does indeed fix the issue.

looking at the "objdump -g" output, which confirms the offsets are broken in
the binary itself, i don't think this is related to the GDB version at all. we
can also assume it's not due to different runtime behaviour of musl's dynamic
linker, but if there is a musl-specific difference at all, it is probably
related to some differences in musl's crt*.o as grishka suggests.