tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Contest king of Spain on CW

From: rein couperus PA0RCT
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Contest king of Spain on CW
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 08:22:31 +0200

On Thursday 08 May 2003 02:01, Ana Maria Grilo Moreira wrote:
> Hi Rein.
>
> >Yes, you can.
> >
> >1: make a list of the spanish provinces:
> >A<space>
> >AB
> >AL
> >AV
> >B<space>
> >BA
> >BI
> >BU
> >C<space>
> >CA
> > etc.....
> >At this point in time (tlf-0.8.20) tlf will only do multipliers with
> > file. (I can change that to 1 char in the next version...)
> >This also means that when you enter the exchange into the log you have to
> > type the space... Tlf will refuse to log a multiplier that is not in the
> > sections file, so you can't go wrong on this...
> >
> >2: set  the contest specific parameters in logcfg.dat (apart from call,
> >logfile etc..):
> >
> >F3=@ ++5NN--#                                        (#send serial number)
> >S&P_TU_MSG=TU 5NN #
> >
> >CONTEST= king_ea (or something)
> >CONTEST_MODE
> >RECALL_MULTS
> >ONE_POINT
> >MULT_FILE=spanishsections (the file you made yourself)
>
> MULT_FILE or MULT_LIST ????
>
> I wrote MULT_LIST and ran fine.

You are right.... (too many parameters to remember :-)

> >SECTION_MULT
> >
> >That's all..... don't forget to comment out everything you don't need..
> >I can send you the multiplier file if you want, I copied it from a website
> >somewhere.
> >
> >The tlf log file, which is TRlog format, will beaccepted. You may have to
> > make it DOS compatible, so people with weird software (windoze) can use
> > it. Rename the xxx.log to yourcall.dat, and add a summary sheet.
>
> Abt these last, when finish contest only rename file, ok, no problem,
> but does tlf calculate score???? Or only when we do WRITE for certain
> contests????

No, WRITE does not calculate anything (cabrillo is not about points).
Tlf does the score all the time.

You can take the score from the SCORE window on screen, and write it into the
summary sheet. When you do a few test qso,s you will see that the king of
spain contest is scored correctly. (You can switch the score window with
Alt-r).

Success...

73, Rein