tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: Cwdaemon - not very good solution

From: Wolf-Ruediger Juergens
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: Cwdaemon - not very good solution
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 19:41:31 +0200

Hello Martin,

On Sunday 18 May 2003 13:37, Martin Kratoska wrote:
> I suggest to make CWdaemon fully compatible with standard interface used
> for TR/CT/NA etc. The CWdaemon should also not limit the future versions of
> TR.

I compared our circuitry with the schematic from the tr-log manual.
We are full compatible for the output signals. The only difference is that we
use Pin14 for switching between microphone and soundblaster. But this can be
easily changed. And I'm sure that I will change this in the near future ;-)
because of the paddle input functionality, which is on the TODO list for the
next step.

> For use with sound card it should be made compatible with SBDVP (assumed
> that TLF should use in future versions something like SBDVP with sound
> card). SBDVP offers more choices what pin should be used for mic/sound card
> switching. I suggest pin 5 which is currently reserved for DVK (please keep
> in mind pins 2, 7, 8 and 9 which should be used for band info. I hope also
> to find this option in future releases).

What is SBDVP?
I will change the source so that the output signals vor DVK/SB can be changed
by defines. Pin 5 is a good proposal for SB/Mic switching so far as I can
see.

73 de Wolf, DL2WRJ
--
Q:      Why did the programmer call his mother long distance?
A:      Because that was her name.