tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] One problem

From: rein couperus PA0R
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] One problem
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:40:05 +0200

Hello Helmut....

I guess you are using the new version 0.9.3

As from this version the contest-specific content of logcfg.dat has moved to
a separate rules file. These rules files are installed by tlf in /usr/local/
share/tlf/rules. This separation was an idea of LZ3NY, and has some clear
advantages. You can now have 1 standard logcfg.dat to take care of your
system configuration (ports, networking addresses etc) and smaller, separate
rules files which are contest specific. The rules files contain the messages,
the multipliers etc.

You must do the following:
1.:     Copy /usr/local/share/tlf/logcfg.dat into your working directory. This
is
the short version you use together with the rules file
2.:   Edit it to your liking. For cqww you must include CONTEST=cqww, which is
the name of the relevant rules file,
3.:   You can either edit the file /usr/local/share/tlf/rules/cqww to include
your call, messages etc...
4.:  OR make a directory ./rules in your working directory and copy/edit the
rules file cqww into it.

So to repeat :

Configuration 1:
- <working dir>/logcfg.dat  (where you start tlf and where the log is)
-  <working dir>/rules/cqww (containing the messages etc...)

Configuration 2:
- no logcfg.dat in <working dir>
- /usr/local/share/tlf/logcfg.dat (edited with your call and sys conf)
- no rules directory in <working dir>
- /usr/local/share/tlf/rules/cqww (edited with your call, messages etc).

WARNING: Configuration 2 has one big disadvantage: it will be overwritten when
you do the next install of tlf!!!!

Hope this is clear now...

73,

Rein PA0R (PA0RCT, DJ0LN)

P.S.: The tlfdoc will be updated as soon as the spiderbeam is up again (we cut
5 trees on saturday), the OMNI-6 is repaired, the K2/100 is ready and the
cqww-ssb is over. Sorry....

PP.SS.: Also busy with the bandswitch output on cwdaemon... some problems to
make PPDEV understand what I want :-)

--
Email: address@hidden or address@hidden
http://www.couperus.com, http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/tlf