tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Re: TLF country resolution

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Re: TLF country resolution
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 19:38:00 +0100

Rein Couperus wrote:

you are right, tlf does not know about prefixes at the moment, it just looks at the length, assuming the shorter part before or after the slash is the prefix. Of course this fails when both parts are the same length. I can even think about P3A/CE0Y coming on the band and tlf thinks it is Cyprus.

I have had some experience with xlog with weird prefixes. Just as you think you have solved one prefix bug, a station shows up with the call K1B. No, it's not USA, but Baker Island. What about K8O and K8T: they are American Samoa. Another nice one is the CE9 prefix/suffix. I wish hamradio agencies would stick with the rules and not issue callsigns which give me the creeps. Sigh!

Joop PG4I