tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] back to TLF

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] back to TLF
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:16:13 +0200

Wolf-Ruediger Juergens wrote:
Hello Rein,

I guess 10 ms would be a better value...

Uhh, isn't 10ms below the guaranted kernel schedule timing?
AFAIK is the schedule in the range of 20ms? This could also make problems with the paddles, I think.
Anyway I will try it.

Yes, you are very lucky if you get better than 10 mS resolution, unless you use a real-time kernel. My experience with looking at the parallel port output when debugging PTT is that anything between 10-20 mS is normal behaviour.

Maybe this will become a problem for the QRQ people using tlf with parallel port paddle input.

73 Wolf, DL2WRJ

Joop, PG4I