tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] another wpx bug report

From: Martin Kratoska
Subject: [Tlf-devel] another wpx bug report
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 01:31:00 +0200

My first contest with tlf. It behaved quite well, however there are some
missing features and bugs making the work a less pleasure in high rate
situations.

- if the call field is not empty the freq does not update

- if the call field is not empty there is impossible to change the CW speed

- the multiplier list (Alt-m) did not work

- there is a bug in partial check. LY4A was not recognized properly after I
worked LY4AR. Insted LY4AA was displayed which was never worked...

- the RIT clear function acted after a QSO was finished. This is meaningless,
the RIT should be zeroed if CQ starts. I would appreciate a special character
causing RIT zeroing which can be inserted into the CW message (like TR does)

- the scoring procedure seems incorrect. I tried to get score using the POST
program from the TR package. The mults are processed differently, S5047L is
in tlf processed as S50 but in TR's POST as S5047. The wpx rules said nothing
about these strange prefixes.

- if a station-multiplier was called and logged by mistake, then deleted with
(- minus) sign and later logged again it was no multiplier.

- worked stations should be displayed in different colour in partial lists

cwdaemon worked correctly (the 0.8), PTT not tested yet. I am very curious if
the paddle support will became reality a time...

I made SOSB-TS 80M HP entry,

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

   80CW      698         698       1756      410

   Totals      698         698       1756      410

    Final Score = 719960 points.

which means that tlf is not too bad :-)

73,

Martin, OK1RR