tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Linux distro

From: Rein Couperus
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Linux distro
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:35:39 +0100

On Thursday 18 November 2004 14:07, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Rein Couperus <address@hidden> [2004 Nov 18 06:49 -0600]:
> > On Thursday 18 November 2004 00:23, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > > I'm curious, Rein, if you have binaries of the latest TLF and cwdaemon
> > > available for the tlf-morphix-0.20 ISO?  Or, does the CD image once
> > > booted contain gcc and friends for compilation?
> >
> > Hi Nate,
> >
> > I made the system so flexible that the latest tlf and cwdaemon binaries
> > can actually be put on the USB stick! Just compile the latest versions
> > and replace the binaries on the USB stick and they will be loaded from
> > the stick (I think/hope). I may issue a new stick image before the
> > weekend... given time... with tlf-0.9.20 and cwdaemon-0.8 which you can
> > use with the present live CD.
>
> I fugured that compiling them on my current Debian Testing box might
> lead to weird library problems and other obscure bugs.  A new stick
> image would be great!

I can use the images produced on the Suse machine by copying the binaries
to the Debian (Morphix) machine... no problem...

> > I noticed that the live CD will not load from my 128 MB stick (uses
> > sdb4). This will be added on the next CD release, as well as /dev/hda1.
>
> I haven't actually played with a USB stick yet and I may pick one up
> today or in the near future.

You may be able to pick up a small size one for almost peanuts.... everything
under 128 M should work with the present release...
Tlf-Morphix only needs 2 - 4 M depending on log size :)

> > > Get Well soon.  :-)
> >
> > After 2 weeks of cyber vacation in France (having fun with pactor1,
> > Airmail, gprs and internet cafe's, now preparing for the BIG BANG,
> > operating the CQWW-CW at CT9L  Leaving on monday for the preparations.
> > After the contest (we have to use N1MM softare :(  )  I will be in the
> > right mood to work on tlf again :)
>
> Good!
>
> > P.S.: look out for CT3/PA0R next week before the contest!!
>
> Will you be on phone, or CW only?  My CW is always rusty in anything
> more than a contest and I only have a low wire up so I'll have to hope
> for good band cdx.  I haven't operated in the CQWW-CW for several
> years.  Perhaps I should try to log a few QSOs...

I will probably be in CW only...

--
address@hidden or address@hidden
http://www.couperus.com