tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] fun with tlf!

From: Rein Couperus
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] fun with tlf!
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:02:59 +0100

On Monday 29 November 2004 10:55, Petr Hlozek wrote:
> Dne po 29. listopadu 2004 06:23 W.R. Juergens (DL2WRJ) napsal(a):
> > Joop wrote:
> > > Done 365 QSO's during the CQWW on 20 meters single band, around 70000
> > > points. Worked 80 countries and 25 zones. Some nice ones: 5H, 9M6,
> > > CX, 3E, P4, 8P, VP9, TO4A (FM7), V5, D4, 9Y, ZF2, A6, A4, OY and of
> > > course CT9L, but I don't think Rein was behind the keyer :-)

I wasn't, I would have recognized the call hi....

> > Congrats Joop!
> > It was a nice contest even the condx were not so good.
> > I worked as usual in S&P QRP Allband with my K2 and a random wire, 217
> > QSOs, ~42000 points.
> > Several highlites in the log, 5U,JA,TO4A,OY,3V8,IH9,CN,OD5 and of course
> > CT9L on 80m. I think it was Rein but I'm not sure, but he take often
> > the lowband part. :) I worked him before last week as CT3/PA0R on 80m.

Congrats Wolf, we had a hard time on 80 meters, the static was ENORMOUS and
the sigs very difficult to copy. If we lost the contest it is on 80 and
160... Maybe there was something wrong with the antennas/cables for run2.
Before the contest I was testing run1, which had a fairly deaf vertical for 80
and an ACOM 2000A. Not really qrp :)

We made 11.000 + qso's and 24.2 Million points raw. 10, 15, 20 and especially
40 were fantastic (2 ele home brew beam)!

Notable: We were using N1MM on 4 laptops. On a 500 MHz Compaq M700 it crashed
regularly and had severe "sticky keys" problems; always when it was doing a
database search or -even worse- an edit of the previous qso in the data base.
This became worse as the log was growing.  Sometimes the keyboard  was
blocked for 4-5 seconds! Imagine this while running at a 300/hr rate :)
On a 2.5 GHz Dell there was no cw output on the lpt so we had to make a serial
interface; and a nice blue screen when yo quit the program :) Next year I
will refuse to use anything but tlf...

Just got home 1/2 hour ago. Still fairly tired hi... we had a 3 hours
operating / 3 hours sleep schedule so I will probably sleep the next 3
days :) (or do some tlf debugging).

73, Rein PA0R

--
address@hidden or address@hidden