tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] choppy sound solved

From: W.R. Juergens (DL2WRJ)
Subject: [Tlf-devel] choppy sound solved
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:41:54 +0100

Hello Joop,
I made a very short change and the choppy sound is totally gone. It
sounds really good here, with a weight value set to 3. It sounds like
the K2 keying with a value set to 1.10 (in the K2 menu).

In file cwlib.c change the 1000 for the weigthing to 3000 thats all ;-)
Please see my snippet below.

In the manual of cwdaemon is also a small failure, the value for weight
is only -5 - +5 not -50 - +50.

No other problems detect during my testing.

>-------- snip -------------------------------------
/**
 * cw_sync_parameters_internal()
 *
 * Synchronize the dot, dash, end of element, end of character, and end
 * of word timings and ranges to new values of Morse speed, 'Farnsworth'
 * gap, or receive tolerance.
 */
static void
cw_sync_parameters_internal ()
{
        /* Do nothing if we are already synchronized with speed/gap. */
        if (!cw_in_sync)
            {
                /*
                 * Send parameters:
                 *
                 * Calculate the length of a Dot as 1200000 / speed in wpm,
                 * and the length of a Dash as three Dot lengths.
                 */
                cw_send_dot_length      = (DOT_MAGIC / cw_send_speed)
                                        + (cw_weighting * 3000);  /* 3000
removes the choppy sound  */
                cw_send_dash_length     = (3 * cw_send_dot_length);

                /*
                 * An end of element length is one Dot, end of character is
                 * three Dots total, and end of word is seven Dots total.
                 */
                cw_end_of_ele_delay     = (DOT_MAGIC / cw_send_speed)
                                        - (cw_weighting * 3000); /* 3000
removes the choppy sound */

73 Wolf, DL2WRJ

--
http://www.dl2wrj.de - CW - Digital - QRP - QRPP - QRSS
DL-QRP-AG #2138 AGCW #3022 RU-QRP #47 G-QRP #11473 QRP-L #2545