tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] A question about TLF

From: Jan-Eric Rehn (SM3CER - 7S3A - SA3R)
Subject: [Tlf-devel] A question about TLF
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:59:06 +0100

Hello Rein,

I have heard that you have a "non-official" module in your software that handles the Swedish MT (SSA MĂ„nadstest). Is that true? I heard it from a Swedish ham some time ago, but I've forgot his call sign.

If so, I can tell you that we are changing the contest message in SSA MT, starting from January 2005.

Instead of the Swedish parishes (FG or församling) we will now use the Maidenhead grid locator as the contest message.

A message will f. i. look like this:
599 01 JP82QK or 59 01 KP05UK

The multiplier is the first 4 characters/figures, so in the example the first multiplier is JP82 and the second is KP05. You don't get a multiplier if you work a station in your own "grid".

The points are the same as before.

That is the only change. The Cabrillo file will look the same, as the message is 6 characters. (A FG could be 4, 5 or 6 characters).

If you have that "module" in your software and would like to change it to reflect the new multipliers, I can send you the list of the 63 possible grids workable in Sweden.

If the rumour is not true, I'm sorry to have bothered you.

I'm looking forward to get an answer from you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

73 de Jan, SM3CER

Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER - Contest call: 7S3A - SA3R
SSA Contest Manager - SWEDEN
E-mail: address@hidden - address@hidden
SM3CER Contest Service: http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/
SK3BG Web Site: http://www.sk3bg.se/
Also QRV in MS or MM from: SI9AM - SK3IK - SL3ZV
K6U at WRTC-96 / Referee at WRTC-2000 and WRTC-2002