tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF bug report... 0.9.22-1

From: Rein Couperus PA0R
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF bug report... 0.9.22-1
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:38:30 +0200

Hi Jaime!!

Glad to hear from you again, long time...

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 19:04 +0200, Jaime Robles wrote:
> Hello!
> After the CQ WPX SSB as Single op I have the bug-report... if it is possible
> to call it "bug" report.
>
> First thing is about the date format... While developing KLog I made the
> function to import TLF contest logs to KLog and I realise that the year is
> only saving 2 characters... so How can an OM use TLF if he/she wants to
> import it automatically to another log?
> Maybe you should use 4 characters... 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, ...

This is because tlf uses the standard TRlog format... It is not
difficult to convert this into a 4-character format (I think Xlog does
it...). Something like IF year > 50 then year += 1900 ELSE year += 2000

> Now, what I think it is a bug:
> While logging, if you enter a QSO to the log and afterwards you correct it.
> TLF does not re-read the log so the multiplier list (and score) is not
> updated.

This was done on purpose... you don't want tlf to reread the complete
log every time you make a correction (especially if you have 4000 qso's
in the log).

You can do it manually by :REScore command or by restarting tlf.
At least you can then do it at a time which suits you (during a coffee
break or operator change....)

Rein
--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com