tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Feature and problem.

From: Rein Couperus PA0R
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Feature and problem.
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:47:05 +0200

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 22:53 +0100, David Quental wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> Last weekend I was in Portuguese Navy Contest and once again I used
> TLF :) :) :) :) .
>
> In this contest exchange was 599 and seriall number, so I configured qso
> file,
> under rules directory, to do 5nn--#, it gave me 2 problems:
> when I arrived to contest qth seriall number was, lets say, around 030, so my
> big problem was to find way to put it working after 030, to exchange 5NNT31
> 5NNT32 etc etc etc. I did not find how to do it, so I begun with TT1, maybe
> there is something to configure it to start with another number instead of
> TT1, or 001, I realy do not know.

David,

there is a 'secret feature' in tlf which allows you to do it. Try  the
following:

- log 5 dummy qso's  (e.g. with your own call)
- edit the qso numbers with the editor to 30
- tlf will now start with 31
- delete the 5 dummy qso's after the contest

> Another problem was that I used, like example I gave, --# in exchange. In
> firsts qso's I had no problem, but after some qso's sendind signals become
> more and more slower, then I stop TLF and restart it again, I did it 3 or 4
> times. After some attempts I decided to remove the -- in qso file, after it I
> had no problems and worked very fine indeed.

you have to make sure to use ++599 123-- the '--' slow down, the '++'
increases the speed !! always balance the ++ and --!!

73,

Rein