tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] radio control problems

From: Rein Couperus PA0R
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] radio control problems
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:44:49 +0200

Ok,looks like some have, some have not.

I have been going through the code, and I think I know what's going on:

Normally the following happens:
1 Tlf tells the radio to qsy, and changes band/qrg
2 Tlf looks at the frequency coming from the radio and displays it. If
it is on the same band nothing happens, if on another band tlf makes
qsy. These are separate processes.

When the link to the radio is a bit slow, the following happens:
1 Tlf tells the radio to qsy, and changes band/qrg
2 Tlf looks at the frequency coming from the radio and decides if qsy is
necessary
3 If the radio link is slow, the old frequency is still there and tlf
decides to qsy back.

This creates a deadlock situation where it is difficult to qsy,
especially when changing bands. I will have to add code to prevent this.

I have put this on the top of the priority list for maintenance.

73,

Rein