tlf-devel

Re: address@hidden: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Questions]

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Questions]
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:15:27 -0800

On Nov 7, 2005, at 2:02 PM, Ed wrote:

Ed wrote:

1. I use Debian stable and Gnome 2.8. In Nautilus logcfg.dat is identified as a mpeg file. Why ? Does it need to be changed and if so how.?

IN nautilus, right-click the file and use "open with". There is no way
to change the file type. I believe it is hardcoded into gnome-vfs.

I used Gedit as neither Joe, Nano, or Gvim would open the file. I'm sure you are correct about the vfs.

Did joe, etc., give any error messages?  This is strange.

2. I have to reset cwdaemon after a reboot. When I reboot it resets to the default parameters. Is this correct. ?
Yes, if you want to change cwdaemon parameters, change logcfg.dat.
cwdaemon settings are not saved.

OK, well here I am a little lost. This is my current cwdaemon parameters

 cwdaemon -d ttyS1 -t 0 -x n

How do I enter these into logcfg. ?? As you can see I'm trying to turn off RTS and the PC speaker, but have no luck doing so. I honestly beleive that man pages are written for the advanced user, which I am not. A practical example would be so very helpful. Thanks for the help.

I think the proper way to do this is to add "-t0 -x n" to the OPTS line in /etc/init.d/cwdaemon, not with logcfg.dat.

73, Bob N7XY