tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] cwdaemon & TLF **SOLVED**

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] cwdaemon & TLF **SOLVED**
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:50:08 -0600

* Ed <address@hidden> [2005 Nov 13 09:59 -0600]:

> I hope this is useful to someone, as I spent several hours trying to get
> this up and running. BTW I just accidently came across the /etc/default
> file, I saw no mention of it anywhere.

I see you are running Debian as well.  As you've probably discovered,
/etc/default has a lot of config files in it.  Sometimes I'm not sure
if this is a feature or a bug, but I've trained myself to look there
first.

I would suggest that you file a bug report against cwdaemon (it's as
easy as running "reportbug cwdaemon" and following the prompts.  I did
see mention of transitioning to /etc/default/cwdaemon in
/usr/share/doc/cwdaemon/changelog.gz which is not the most intuitive
place to look.

When you file the bug set it to be a normal priority and a Wishlist and
explain that /etc/default/cwdaemon should probably be explained in the
/usr/share/doc/cwdaemon/README.debian file.

Thanks for the info.

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of