tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] ARRL CW oddities and observations

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: [Tlf-devel] ARRL CW oddities and observations
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:00:04 -0800

1. Prior to the contest I upgraded to TLF 0.9.27. When I started working the contest, I did not see any entries in the QSOs box (the box would show '0' for all entries). I reverted to 0.9.25, but occasionally the scores would disappear there also but TLF would correct itself after a few more contacts. Did anyone else experience this? I had never seen this happen previously.

2. When entering a power level exchange of K, TLF shows it as 00K (KW became 0KW). I don't know if accuracy in this part of an exchange is critical to log checking and they were easily edited of course.

3. When I entered the call of IR4M, TLF did not recognize this as Italy (it was shown as 'Not Specified'. After I edited that line, it seemed to work for further contacts. As would be expected, TO9A was not recognized as Martinique until I edited cty.dat, but any I calls other than those for Sardinia should be classified as Italy.

4. The QSOs box indicated one less contact than actual for quite a while. I intended to check this out later, but TLF eventually corrected itself so I was unable to figure which entry was being ignored.

73,
Bob, N7XY