tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] arrl ss

From: Rob Vance
Subject: [Tlf-devel] arrl ss
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:17:24 -0800

I seem to be having a problem getting tlf to work on the arrl ss
configuration.

The logcfg.dat files says:

RULES=arrlss

The rule file says:

# The ARRL SWEEPSTAKES contest needs a         #
# multiplier file containing the sections      #
# which are used as a multiplier in the        #
# directory you start tlf from (arrlsections). #
#
CONTEST=arrl_ss
LOGFILE=ss.log
MULT_LIST=arrlsections
CONTEST_MODE

<... etc.>

I have included the arrlsections file in the working directory.

When loading tlf -v it appears to load all the above files as well as the
arrlsections files without a problem.  This problem occurs when I use
rigcontrol, or not.

Once the program loads I type a callsign, hit enter.  tlf issues a serial
number, and then the cursor moves to the next field. I type in a section code
(such as SCV) and hit enter.  tlf responds by asking "section?" in a field
underneath where I entered the section information.  Then it hangs, and
eventually delivers a segmentation fault.

I am using 0.9.30 which I loaded from repository via Adept on a Dapper Drake
Kubuntu system.

I have noticed that the rule file seems very short compared to the list of
options noted in the man page.  I may have foolishly thought this file was
ready to go; perhaps I need to complete this file and that's why the program
is crashing(?).

It's a great program and I am really excited to try it out on SS.  Thanks to
Rein and the tlf team.

-Rob, N6ROB