tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] XTLF message queuing

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: [Tlf-devel] XTLF message queuing
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 09:37:58 -0500

Nice to hear from you, Rein, on the FLDigi list.  I was afraid that
development on XTLF had stopped as it hadn't seen any updates for about
a year.  I've been learning what I can of using it and I think I
finally have a handle on it, so long as my brain doesn't revert to CT!

One "bug" I encountered involves the queuing of CW messages.  In CT and
my Super CMOS III keyer pressing a key or button multiple times results
in the messages being queued with a word space between them.  As near
as I can tell, XTLF only inserts a letter space between the messages.
A work-around has been to add a space a the beginning or end of a
message, although this has a certain disadvantage.

I've been studying the source.  I'm still trying to get a handle on the
scoring so I can add ARRL Field Day for next year.  It takes me a while
to learn the logic of a program.

Here is a feature request.  How about a switch to allow log entry with
one press of <Enter>?  This would be most useful to me in SSB mode as I
don't use a voice keyer.

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of