tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] fldigi & tlf

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] fldigi & tlf
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 06:49:52 -0500

Joop Stakenborg wrote:
Op dinsdag 20-11-2007 om 12:55 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Nate
Bargmann:
* Ed <address@hidden> [2007 Nov 20 11:09 -0600]:
I have been trying to get the 2 of these to work as gmfsk & tlf did. But I am not having much luck. I created the .log and auto_file , did the echo pskmailserver, but nothing gets sent to fldigi. Am I to assume that with all the changes to pskmail that fldigi is not being used as a modem and that a different type of interface is now being used, or am I just completely missing something obvious. Thanks
Isn't the data supposed to go from Fldigi to TLF?  It works that way
with XLog here and I assume TLF can receive it the same way.  It's been
a while since I played wit TLF.

Nooooooo, tlf can't do this...

73, de Nate >>

Regards,
Joop

If you go back in the archives from 2006, you will see how Rein had set his hacked version of gmfsk to interface with tlf. Gmfsk would read one file and execute it, tlf would read the other file and execute it. Basically depending on how tlf was configured via the log.cfg file, you could use it to do digital(RTTY) contesting. The hacked gmfsk is no longer available and I don't see a reason that fldigi couldn't be made to work the same. The stumbling block is that pskmail no longer uses the gmfsk.log file, which is needed for tlf. I lack the knowledge to be able to implement fldigi to work as a modem as did the hacked gmfsk.

The only alternative is to install MS-XP and use N1MM with MMTTY to be able to work a RTTY contest and submit a cabrillo file.

Ed W3NR