tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: [linuxham] fldigi 3.03 and NBEMS upgrades posted

From: Ed
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: [linuxham] fldigi 3.03 and NBEMS upgrades posted
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:33:14 -0400

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:33:58 -0500
w1hkj <address@hidden> wrote:

> Look on the web site, http://www.w1hkj.com

>     * Added "tlf", The Left Foot, contest program support.  fldigi
>       accepts tx data and returns rx data to tlf. (Linux primarily).

Just in case you missed this little blurb. Linux users now will be able
to use fldigi/tlf for contesting. Rein PA0R is the primary force behind
tlf, which originally used gmfsk for RTTY contesting. Rein provided
a hacked version of gmfsk to do this.

Although version 0.9.30 is in most of the popular distros, I would urge
you to install 0.9.31-2 available here ::

http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/tlf/

You should also take the time to browse the tlf home page here ::

http://home.iae.nl/users/reinc/TLF-0.2.html

I wish to thank Dave W1HKJ for adding this feature. It has been on my
wish list for quite a while, and Dave finally worked his way down to it.

Just so you understand the fast and furious pace that sometimes happens
with fldigi, Dave sent me an email time stamped 4:11 PM Friday getting
the specifics for fldigi/tlf, at 2:44 AM Saturday morning I had a
version to test with fldigi/tlf.

I have also sent this to the tlf mail list as well. Hopefully this
will generate renewed interest in tlf...(QLF unless you are an ot cw
op, you don't have a clue). I would suggest you join the tlf mail list
as well, since all email referencing tlf will be cc'd to that group
also.

Ed W3NR

for the fldigi Alpha team