tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Pre-release of TLF-1.0.0

From: Rob Vance
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Pre-release of TLF-1.0.0
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 14:47:58 -0800

I have spent the day working on TLF; so far, so good.  Here are a couple of observations (on 9.04);

+  After a lot of troubleshooting on the voice keyer I discovered that file name-length is important for VKM12.  I had a file that would play on VKM1 just fine; the same file would not play at VKM12.  By experimenting I learned that when I shortened the file name the same file would work in both slots.  Hmmmm.  (VKM12 is the AUTO_CQ slot).  If you are having problems getting VKM12/AUTO_CQ to work, check your file names.  Sorry I don't know what the threshold for character lengths are.

+  Using an oscilloscope I have observed the outputs of the parallel port on my machine.  When in CW mode, the appropriate pin (17) toggles, just as you would expect.  When in SSB mode the appropriate pin (16) does not.  Can someone check this?  I don't know if it's an error in the way TLF is calling cwdaemon, or if there is a bug in cwdaemon.  It worked fine in cwdaemon 0.9.3.  I will try downgrading my cwdaemon to 0.9.3 and see if that fixes the problem (I vaguely recall I did this before and it worked - we'll see if it works again this time).  I read the cwdaemon documents and followed those instructions (i.e. kill the lp0 module, etc.).

Rob, N6ROB