tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF maintenance release 1.0.2

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF maintenance release 1.0.2
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:39:34 +0200

Hi Andy,

thanks for your quick analysis. I come to the same conclusion.
It seems that contest makers are very creative at defining new formats
for their cabrillo entries.

I am not sure if there will be an easy solution from TLF's point of
view. Maybe some sort of template or so. I put it on the TODO list.

In meantime I would suggest playing around with AWK. It is still
possible to simple parse the logfile, extract the needed informations
and put in a file with very few lines of awk code (maybe even with one
line). Add the cabrillo header to that file and you are ready.

I know that is one more tool to learn, but awk has proven useful in
some cases for me, so it seems no waste of time :). Fell free to ask
for help if you get difficulties with that.

73, de Tom.

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea